Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Annoying Words of Motivation

"Only you can decide at this moment what percentage of your total commitment you're going to use."

I went to my first group exercise (a.k.a. aerobics) class yesterday that wasn't part of triathlon training. The class, Cycle 2 & Strength, is a wonderful way to get your tail kicked during the lunch hour. The instructor is an interesting character that mixed motivating gems like the quote above into a discourse on Paul McCartney's musical career and the impact of British musicians on rock (Bob Dylan was the only non-brit on the playlist during the class), the history of Juneteenth, and a mention of the upcoming solstice. I enjoyed it well enough that I'll be going back.

Until then I'm trying to apply a little more commitment each moment to my research because the quote refuses to get out of my head. Back to the grindstone.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

That sounds kinda scary. You are brave to go back!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Roxi Bo said...

aerobics to bob dylan? they expect you to jump around and get pumped up listening to maggie's farm?

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home