Sunday, February 18, 2007

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity

The Daytona 500 is this afternoon, and I'll be watching. This year I think I'll have company too. Ana has started to move beyond the Baby Einstein and Dora the Explorer DVDs, showing interest in my Pixar movies.

Her favorite of the bunch is Cars. Bugs has too many scary grasshopper scenes that have to be skipped, and the Toy Story movies are a lot of talk without much action (The Incredibles also talk too much). This afternoon she may make a pit stop and help her daddy look for Lightning McQueen out on the track before resuming her own race around the house.

Update: Ana went down for her nap just as the engines were fired up. She slept as I watched the first half of the race. When she woke up it was too pretty to stay inside, so we went to the playground. So I missed the big wrecks and excitement, so it goes. They race almost every Sunday from now until October, so I'll see my fair share of wrecks this year.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

U R A Red Nek

11:17 AM  
Blogger Timmie Smith said...

Yep.

Was that ever in question?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Darling Hubby must be a redneck, too, because he is watching as well.

And is sad about Jr. getting knocked out. :-(

One year Darling Hubby got to go to the Daytona 500, as a guest of Chevrolet, and he said it was WAY AWESOME.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Kate :) said...

my nephew LOVES lightning mcqueen and that movie. i still need to see it, lest i get shunned by a 3 and a half year old. :)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home