Monday, February 19, 2007

Irony now available from iTunes

This weekend I was finally run down by the sleek and sexy machine that is Apple. I now own a nano. I've been looking at these for a while now, with a mostly jealous eye as my officemate taunted me with his. He enjoyed mocking the brick that I used as my main mp3 player. At about 8 times the size and 20 times the weight it was an easy and ugly target. Still, it did its job and will continue to be used at home, I just won't lug it around everywhere now.

This morning as I left the house I was careful to set the volume so that I could still hear the birds. I didn't want to be one of those annoyingly oblivious individuals that I consigned to early deaths as part of natural selection in my post less than two weeks ago. As I walked up to the Rec center I realized with a cringe that my effort had been to no avail. I almost walked right past my friends Nathan and Shawna. They had seen me coming and were waiting in front of the Rec. Nathan and even tried to greet me, shouting "Tim Smith!" as I approached. I however, had been sucked into my personal bubble and was bouncing along my way.

Someone run me over with a bus already.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

OK, it's not funny anymore. DID you get hit by a bus?? No posts in almost a month...

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home