Sunday, April 01, 2007

Born to Shop

Ana was born to shop. When we enter a store now she'll say hi to whomever greets us and wave, ensuring we'll get any help we need finding something. At the cash register she knows I'll pay with a credit card most of the time and likes to "help" me sign. As soon as the cashier starts ringing up the purchases she'll ask, "Sign? Sign?" After she's signed for the goods she'll look at the cashier, hold out her hand, and ask, "Receipt?"

All of this is a very cute show in the store and I thought it was harmless enough. However, I had underestimated Ana's desire to shop. I loaded her up for some grocery shopping yesterday and as we were driving to the store she asked to go to the playground. I said that no, we were going to the store to shop and we would go play later.

"Store? Shopping?" she asked.

"Yes, we're going to the store."

"Wal-mart?!"

She was happy enough with the grocery store and I didn't have to make a second stop for her yesterday. I am in trouble though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

When Bubba's Mom and I would take Darling Daughter shopping with us, she would run her hands amongst the racks of clothes from her stroller, proclaiming, "Cuuuuute!"

I think maybe all little girls are born shoppers....

10:45 PM  
Blogger Timmie Smith said...

That's hilarious. I guess as long as they can't toss the credit card up on the counter it is harmless enough.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

And speaking of Ana....I haven't seen any pics of her in a while!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home