Thursday, January 11, 2007

They're Back

Yesterday afternoon as I walked across campus enjoying the emptiness and sunshine I heard them. A not so far off cadence being sounded out as cadets ran down the street. I thought it was too early for formal all-out Corps activity, so I assumed it was a small group that had returned to campus early. I had a good swim and didn't think about it.

Then late last night I made a grocery store run. We needed baby food and we had spotted a sale on strawberries, so off I went. At 9pm the store was packed. It is official, the students have returned to campus for the spring semester. The month of bliss between semesters is over and now the stores and streets will once again be jammed with students yapping on cell phones, oblivious to anything happening in the world around them.

I doubt that signs posted on Highway 6 on either side of town saying, "There was a mistake with your grades. You've failed out. Sorry. Now go back to your parents!" would actually work. I'll just have to remember that long ago, in a century far, far away I myself was one of these annoying undergrads occupying space in town. And so the spring semester begins.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roxi Bo said...

Yes, I don't know about a billboard on the highway, but maybe you could hack into the university's computer system and send a bulk email to all of the undergrads. That might be more believable.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

I'm with Roxi on that one.

Sorry Timmie. Aren't 18-21 year olds a bitch?

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home