Monday, May 01, 2006

1:36:00



This weekend I participated in the BTU TRI-O de Mayo triathlon. I managed to finish with a smile on my face after turning in my fastest times on the bike and swim. My time on the run was just a little slower than I had hoped, but I'm very happy with the time. The break down of the time is approximately 9 minutes for the swim (I forgot to start my timer until I was on the bike and didn't get my splits from BTU yet), 52 minutes on the bike, and 32 minutes on the run, with 3 minutes in transition. It seems like I spent a lot longer than that getting my shoes on, but I guess having guys with a good transition routine sprint past with their bikes skews one's reality.

This was a great first triathlon, and I'm looking forward to my next race. Maybe one of these days I'll be one of the old guys you see doing the Iron Man in Hawaii. It's going to take about 30 years of training before I can run a marathon though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You da MAN, Tim Smith! I'm proud of you!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Wow Timmie! That's great! You are a bigger man than I to even attempt it.

I'm so proud!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kate :) said...

Good job dude! I bet Shakes and Messina Hoff helped a lot right? :) Was the run the last part? I always forget and you wrote swim twice. Just checkin'. Congrats again dude. You rock the asses off!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Shells said...

and about thirty years till you're truly an old man. :-D

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home