Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Half-baked lobster

Today my triathlon class went out to Lake Bryan to ride through the full bike course that we'll be racing on April 30. I've been out on long bike rides the past two weekends and got a little sunburn on my face each time. Today I thought I was a genius when I remembered to put sunscreen on my face. It definitely worked, but since I was truly an idiot and forgot to put it on my arms the topside from just above the elbow down is bright red... all the way to the tips of my fingers. The bottom side is still pasty white. It is going to take a couple of weekends outside to fix this mess.

The ride went well. I was able to finish strong and pass a couple of folks in the last 2 miles (the bike is 13.5 miles), one of which is a guy in my swimming group who is a jock extraordinaire. Fast swimmer, fast runner, but not fast enough on the bike today. That's fine too. I need my good days. He'll beat me soundly on our 3.5 mile run on Thursday, but at least then I'll have remembered to put sunscreen on my face, neck, and arms.

1 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Ooh, Timmie, that's bad. Bubba would likely do the same thing, though. My favorite is the hand-print outline on his chest where he didn't rub in the sunscreen (like I told him to, of course!) when we were at the beach. It was a very interesting tan, to say the least.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home