Wednesday, April 26, 2006

9 minute mile

8 weeks ago I started my triathlon training. On our timed run I managed to go 1.5 miles in 15:40 and I thought to myself that if I could cut it down to a 10 minute mile by the competition I'd be happy. Yesterday after the swim in workout we did the same run and I came in at 13:06, just under a 9 minute mile. That still puts me in the last 1/3 of my training group, but I am now the fastest slow person in the program.

The big race is this Sunday. I've got my road bike rented this week so I can get used to the different handling and shifting and really like it. I'm drinking my water like I should and I'll have my pasta on Saturday. Hopefully I'll post Sunday afternoon that I was able to make it in ahead of all the moms swimming with their babies hanging on their backs. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home