Sunday, February 20, 2005

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I'm sure Ben Franklin had a divine experience one night at the pub that led to this revelation. Today my paraphrasing of Mr. Franklin's quote is, "cancelled meetings are proof that God is a redneck and wants me to watch NASCAR."

I was supposed to have a code review meeting this afternoon with three professors. The project has been going on for 6 years and while they direct the work being done they don't really know what is in the code and how it looks. Since it will take a while to go through all 15,000 lines of code and the concepts represented we've scheduled a 3 hour meeting for every Sunday afternoon until we're done.

I'll not comment on the fact that I had a Sunday meeting to begin with, how I'm really not all that bothered by that, or my thoughts on balancing professional and personal lives as a PhD student. Those are all subjects for further posts.

Today's meeting was scheduled to start at 2. I got a call at 1 from one of the professors saying the meeting would have to be cancelled because they have to get work done on their tenure package that is due tomorrow. Woohoo! I had been watching a little of the Daytona 500 prerace show trying to get my redneck fix before heading to campus. I did a happy dance that had Lidia rolling on the floor, grabbed my laptop, and parked myself with an adult beverage on the couch to watch the Superbowl of NASCAR (no comment on that for now either).

In other happ news, broadband via cable modem was setup yesterday, so I am on the couch with a 5Mb connection!

Boogity, boogity, boggity! Let's go racin' boys!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate :) said...

i want to see the happy dance! can i get a replay of that sometime? :)

11:02 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Timmie, I am shaking my head at you. So sad.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Couch surfing is cool.

NASCAR is not cool.

Sunday is meant for rest not work.

Adult Beverage is cool.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home