Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The summer reading list begins with Harry Potter

Many of you know that my collection of books and movies appears to belong to a sixth grader instead of a graduate student. While I do at least own a few "grown-up" titles such as The Usual Suspects on DVD and The Da Vinci Code, I really enjoy animated movies and the book series most of us read for the first time in middle school. CNN is reporting that J. K. Rowling has annouced that the sixth book in her Harry Potter series will go on sale in the UK and US on July 16. I'm sure that 12 year olds everywhere and I will all be happy bookworms this summer with what will likely be a near-1000 page installation in the series. Thankfully I still have a few months to rearrange The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and the other Harry Potter books on my bookcase to make room.

1 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

That's ok, Tim Smith, you will not be the only "grown up" eagerly awaiting the release. I have several co-workers that came up to me yesterday with the exciting news of the release date. Since I have only read through book 3, I will probably not be ready to read the new one by then, but you never know. They are page turners, know matter what Joel B says!

Merry Christmas!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home