Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas Delayed

Lidia and I drove to my parents on Christmas Eve without incident. A few icy patches where the roads hadn't been cleared well were the only excitement since it seemed like almost everyone else had already driven to their Christmas destination and left the road deserted. My siblings were spending Christmas Eve/Day with their in-laws so Lidia and I got to catch up with Mom and Pops. Christmas Day we had two aunts and uncles over for lunch and dominoes (which I lost badly).

We also heard my brother-in-law got a ticket to the Cowboys game on Sunday, so our family Christmas was postponed from Sunday to Monday. That gave Lidia and I the chance to go to my great-aunt's Christmas and introduce Lidia to cousins from my dad's side of the family she hadn't seen yet. We had a good time, spent some quality time talking with grandma and got to see my dad. One of the cousins has a two-week old baby girl so Lidia and I also got in some practice holding the baby. She is a precious doll. I can hardly wait until our bundle arrives.

So tonight is finally the family Christmas. My brother and his wife made it in last night. My sister was supposed to make it back from Dallas very early this morning. Let the good times begin.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, be it on schedule or a little delayed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Timmie, I am embarrassed for you that you LOST in dominos! Although, Joel and I beat you quite frequently! ;)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home