Monday, October 02, 2006

Thirty year limited warranty

Pictures of Ana are on the camera and will find their way here soon. Cute is on the way, folks, I promise. Until then, read about me getting old.

I handled the birthday fine with a minimum of flipping out. Being 30 ain't so bad... its better than being 29 because now I don't have to worry about turning 30. So all was well, almost.

Thursday morning, two days after the big event, I wake with a terrible headache the likes of which I had never had. After Aleve didn't help the pain I called the doctor. I am redirected to the local ER because the doc's office is installing a new CT machine and they want a picture of my head since this is the first big headache. Lovely. Five hours waiting in a noisy lobby with WAY too many healthy people I finally got drugs to help and the picture of my head shows I have a brain that appears to be normal. Yippee!

I called mom to tell her the story this weekend and she says, "Yeah, I started having migranes at 30 too." Thanks, mom, for the fantastic genes and not buying a longer warranty when I was born. I really could have done without this for another 10 years. At least now the good drugs are in the medicine cabinet instead of the ER.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Oh, I SO sympathize with you, Tim Smith. I am a headache sufferer, too - some so bad I think they would bring a grown man to his knees to bawl like a baby. Be happy for good drugs.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Yikes! A CAT scan for your brain! Did you tell them you were a PhD candidate, so don't be alarmed at the sheer size of your brain?

Yeah, I would have wanted that info from my mom in advance, too. Maybe I should call her, just in case there's some affliction just waiting for me out there in a couple of years.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

X-Rays of Tim Smith's head reveal nothing.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home