Sunday, July 23, 2006

"Now come over here so I can hit you for that."

I've heard a lot of fun stuff using public transportation this summer, but I think this will be my favorite of the summer.

I went to use the restroom and the bus station and was slightly annoyed that there was a 7-year-old running around unsupervised. He was having a great time dashing around activating all the urinals, sinks, and hand dryers. He was very helpful when I went to wash my hands. He carefully explained how everything in the restroom was automated except the soap dispenser. "You got to push that button up and down to get soap."

As I was leaving the terminal he had finally gotten bored playing in the bathroom so he came sprinting outside with his sister and tried his best to knock me down. Thankfully I've got quite a bit of a weight advantage so he just bounced off and then got the stunned deer-in-the-headlights look. His mother was sitting at a nearby table being a very attentive parent. She did notice him running me down and yells at him as I'm walking away.

Mother of the year: "Hey. Why you do that?! Watch where you're goin'! You didn't even say 'xcuse me. SAY IT!"
Poor child: "s-s-s-cuse me."
Me: "That's ok." (walking away a bit more quickly now)
Mother of the year: "That's better. Now come over here so I can hit you for that."

Great parenting... only available at bus stations and Wal-mart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Too funny! I have an image of that family in my head...

11:08 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Yeah, me too! And it's funny!

I'm picturing the kid bouncing off with a stunned look. I will never understand why 7-year-old boys do the things they do. God help me when I have one of my own.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmie,

My name's Peter Morgan. I'm a British TV producer looking for 'eternal students' for a documentary series.

I've tried messaging you - but with no success.

Could you email me at :

pgwynne.morgan@yahoo.com

Thanks !

Peter Morgan

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home