Saturday, June 24, 2006

My new tattoo

No, nothing permanent has been done yet.

Since I've been in college I've thought about getting a tattoo. My father killed the early impulses by getting a tattoo himself my freshman year or somewhere thereabouts. But just as time heals the wounds of parental mid-life crises it also heals the trauma caused by parental units getting ink.

My problem with tattoos for the past couple of years has been that I couldn't think of anything that I wanted on my body for the rest of my life. This week I had dinner at an Indian restaurant across the street from one of the many tattoo parlors close to the U of I campus and I think I've solved that problem. I never want to be this far from Texas and family again. Since I don't know what career opportunities lie ahead of me in the next five years I think the only way to guarantee my closeness to the state and the ones I love is to have their likeness on me.

I'm thinking an outline of the state on the left shoulder blade with something inside to represent family will do quite nicely. Thoughts other than, "Tim Smith, have you finally lost your mind?!" are appreciated.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wes Raine said...

You should get T-E-X-A-S on the fingers of your right hand and A-G-G-I-E on the fingers of your left hand.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Timmie Smith said...

I thought that would be a bad idea with the rings I wear. With the rings on it would still say TXAS AGGE... still very readable. I'll add that to the list.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

Tim Smith - This would not make your mama proud. Trust me on this one!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get one. You could be twinkies with Drew!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

I am going to be different than everyone else and not get a tattoo.

But if I were Tim Smith, I would get, "Joel B!" on my butt.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Timmie Smith said...

Bubba, if you were Tim Smith you'd also have a perm. That's all I have to say about that.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Joel B! on your butt would be very appropriate, since Joel B! IS a butthead. Every time you look at your butt you could think of him.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home