Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fast and Furious (or not)

I was waiting to post until I had some pictures from this weekend, but I still haven't gotten any word about them.

The IronAbe triathlon this past Sunday was by far one of the dumbest things I've done in a long time. The lake was hot (86 degrees), the temperture was over 80, and the humidity was over 70% the entire race. I managed to finish the race with a great swim time, a decent bike time, and a lousy run time. The important thing was that I finished though. Now I've just got to get back on track with training for September otherwise I won't be able to finish that race.

My rental car for the weekend was a Suburu Outback. Closer to what I had requested, but still bigger than what I thought I would get. Since then I've noticed that they are a very popular car up here. I guess for winter driving it is a good car to have since it has a little more clearance and 4 wheel drive.

Work has been really fast and furious. The project I'm working on is preparing for initial release and I've become a full time developer helping fix bugs and prepare documentation. It's good work experience and I like it, but at some point I've got to finish the research project I was supposed to do. I have to present results on it in 4 weeks in Portland, OR.

I've also been working evenings on a project back at TAMU. My bug fixes there have gotten the code to a point where it now runs a new type of problem. Cool stuff to me, but not to anyone actually reading this. So we'll just say I've been really busy fixing code and enjoying it.

I'll get some pictures from the weekend up when I get them. Hopefully I'll have more interesting things to write about then too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Timmie, I LOVE finding bugs and fixing them! It brings out the obsessive-compulsive tendencies in me, but it appeals to my sense of order in the universe. I think I missed my calling.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

When I find bugs I step on them and squish them. Or spray them with bug spray.

Naughty Little Boy Dog, on the other hand, eats them.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home