Thursday, August 25, 2005

Heat, Humidity, Humanity

The three things that are in abundance this week as all the students return for another school year. I had my first spotting of a Class of '09 shirt today at lunch and am happy to report I didn't break down and cry there in the restaurant.

Next week I begin my 11th year at Texas A&M. A lot has changed since my first day of class in 1995 when I walked into Political Science 205 in CHEM 102 and saw more people in that one room than there were in my entire k-12 school. I won't be taking classes this semester or anytime soon, so the start of classes next week isn't that big of a deal for me other than I'll have to hunt for a parking spot or pray for my life if I bike to campus. It is just a little hard to believe that I've been here and done this for the past 10 years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

It's hard for us to believe, too. But don't worry Timmie! You are SO much better than those college freaks. They actually PAY you to be there! Don't despair, at least you like your job. And you have a great wife and new baby who love you. It could be worse. You could be in LUBBOCK!! -Gasp- I shudder at the thought.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Shells said...

it makes me sad that i'm not STILL there. :-\ :-) lujoo timsmith and co.!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home