Sunday, June 12, 2005

Daily update? Not likely, but any baby news is good news

Finally getting around to getting something new posted. Thanks for all the friendly (and some not so freindly :) ) reminders that I need to post.

The biggest news. Ana was born this past Tuesday, June 7, at 3:08pm. For those just finding this out I apologize for not getting word to you sooner and in a little more personal manner (email to the world is better than reading it off a blog, I think). I tried sending an email announcement on Tuesday evening, but in my excited/exhausted/preoccupied state I think I only managed to get mail sent to about 1/3 of the people I wanted to send the message to. Here are the vital statistics in case I did miss you in the shotgun email.

Name: Ana Katherin Smith
Birth Weight: 6 lbs. 11.5 oz.
Birth Length: 19.75 in.

Ana did well at the hospital and only lost an ounce and a half before she came home. Since then her appetite has kicked in and she is eating like a champ. She's also found a fun game at diaper time. She'll make all the right sounds and few of the moves so you think she's dirtied her diaper. Then she'll wait until you've gotten the semi-dirty one off before really doing her business. She got her Gmama (my mother) twice with that little trick. She almost got her tata (daddy) with it too, but he's still a little slow getting the diaper off so it acted as a shield.

We're all getting used to life at home. Mom and baby are getting in the habit of eating a lot of the great food that Gmama and my aunt Judy (Grammy Ju) left us. Dad is trying to keep out of it so as to not rocket to 300 lbs.

I promise I'll get some pictures online at some point soonish. Right now all I can offer is this picture taken by the staff at the hospital. I'll also try to post my new lessons learned more regularly. The name of the blog is more appropriate than ever, and the subject of study is more lively, demanding, and loveable than anything I've ever seen before.

Take care all. I'm off to check on my ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home