Sunday, August 14, 2005

House of nerds

As the new semester approaches and Lidia prepares for her return to school the nerdiness of the house shines through. Lidia went an pulled her laptop out of the closet this week and asked me to get it back up and running for her. That is done now -- the laptop was in a much more workable condition than I remembered it being in -- and the number of working computers in our house now stands at 3. That is right, 3, the same as the number of people living here. I doubt Ana finds herself in front of the keyboard checking her own Gmail account anytime soon (I check the account for her and read her any emails she does have), so it is a bit absurd that we have three. This is what happens when both adults have a laptop and you keep a PC around in case you want to work on a monitor bigger than 15 inches.

3 laptops... 3.4GHz of combined processing power... which is about the same as my mom's PC. I think it is time to upgrade a few of the computers in the Smith house.

One oddity I just noticed. The blogger.com spell checker doesn't have the word nerds in it. Wes had previously noted that the spell checker doesn't have "blog" as a word. The lack of tech slang in a tool used here is amusing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Your 2 month old daughter has an EMAIL account? Of course I want the address....

7:25 AM  
Blogger Kate :) said...

me too! i want to send ana banana mail. :)

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home