Saturday, March 26, 2005

Train a child in the way he should go, ...

and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

This verse really hit home for me this afternoon. Lidia and I were preparing for her party/baby shower at home. After everything was clean and the food prepared it was 2, time for a late lunch. I knew there was a large bowl of chicken salad and a veggie tray in the refrigerator that would really hit the spot. However, I found the cheese, crackers, and salami (equally good stuff itself).

Why? Because I remember growing up when my mother would be making mints, punch, sandwiches, or whatever for a shower and being told that I was not allowed to touch any of it. I was given every bowl and spoon the lick clean and given samples selected by mom to enjoy, but I was never to touch anything myself. A 6 year old boy has all the delicacy of a bull in a china cabinet.

I suspect now, especially since I put one tray together myself, that I could take a snack without destroying the tray. But it has long been in my head that something for a party isn't to be touched.

The chicken salad sandwich for dinner tonight is going to be good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmie Smith said...

BTW, for those that have inquired, we have registered at Toys 'R' Us.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Editor in Chief said...

Tim Smith, I'm so proud of you. You are such a cute good boy!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kate :) said...

That chicken salad was awesome!!! Kate needs the recipe!!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home