Saturday, July 28, 2007

Who Needs a Patronus?



I don't think I could have had a better reading companion for the final Harry Potter book. Princess Ana read the previous book with me, but she liked to be on the move. I wandered through the house with the book in one hand and her in the other. Certainly not the most comfortable way to read.

Bubba Gene was content to lay on the boppy, prepared to protect me should a Death Eater or Lord Voldemort himself leap from the pages. I'm certainly glad there isn't another Potter book in the works. I'm afraid I'd have to have another kid to be able to sit down and read it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a great reading buddy! Thank goodness you were protected! Have you finished it yet?

12:17 AM  
Blogger Timmie Smith said...

Yes, I finished on Wednesday. I read the first half a hundred pages at a time, since that was as long as Bubba Gene slept. Tuesday night I got hooked and was up until 2am and got down to the last hundred pages. I was able to finish that up Wednesday morning.

Did Darling Daughter beat me through? I remember that she finished book 6 a week before I did.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Darling Bookworm Daughter got the book at about 6:30 p.m. the Saturday it came out. She finished it Sunday morning by noon. She has read 2 or 3 other books since then. She's like a machine!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Katie Lady said...

Glad you were able to finish it! I finished on Saturday, reading at night and during naptime.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home