Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Rain Needs to Stop

Behind my building on campus there are eight large concrete planters. Half of them have smallish trees that usually struggle to survive through the heat and inundation of cigarette butts -- smokers in the building are too eager to toss them and will put them in the planters instead of the ash tray near the door.

This summer the trees are all very green and don't seem to mind the trash in their bed. I just went out for a break and saw a new addition to about half of the planters.



Cooler temperatures, abundant moisture, and a certain amount of rot have led to a nice growth of mushrooms. If I were adventurous, a druggie, or had a death wish I might try to do something with them. Since I don't meet any of the previous criteria (boring, I know) I'll just keep waiting for the rain to stop.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I think I might have some shrooms in my yard, but I can't see them because the grass is so dang tall!! I swear we're going to need a tractor by the time it's dry enough to mow.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Follow up: We mowed the grass and guess what we found? An old car!!! Go figure!!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

The news guy today said that since June 1 we have had 33 days of rain. Ugh!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home