Monday, August 25, 2008

Learn from my mistake

If you ever walk in to a Wal-mart and see that there are absolutely no shopping carts available turn around immediately and leave the store. You don't need anything that badly.

I had done a good job of avoiding the locusts (a.k.a. the returning students) this year. I was out of town during the big move-in weekend and my grocery shopping had coincidentally avoided peak student shopping times. I made it through the week only wanting to shoot a handful of people that had not followed my Code of Acceptable Shopping Behavior, so I was feeling very good about the new school year.

Wal-mart changed all of that. This year in College Station all schools, Bryan, College Station, and TAMU are starting back on the same day. I couldn't see down the aisles where the school supplies were. It took me an hour to pick up 5 items and get through the check-out line.

The positive side of the purchasing swarm is that the shelves are sufficiently bare the good folks at Wal-mart have plenty of room to set out the Christmas wares. Who needs fall holidays anyway?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Oooh - very good advice, Tim Smith-San. I will remember!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Katie Lady said...

Oh my goodness, I wouldn't have survived. They would have had to carry me out on a stretcher.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

Oh, Tim, you are so right. One time I brought it to the attention of the
"greeter" a.k.a. person who sits on their butt at the door of Wal-Mart that there were no carts, and she looked at me and actually shrugged. Like it was so not her problem and how could I suggest that she think about it. Which I could understand if all the carts were being used, but actually they were just strewn all over the parking lot. I think that's a special customer service policy they are testing out in New Mexico. Everywhere in New Mexico. What I wouldn't give for an HEB.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

Tim Smith: Walmart stays open ALL NIGHT! Go at 2a.m. and you can avoid all that hassle, dude.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home