Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Duh, Daddy

There are times when I realize that you simply cannot explain to a two-year old what you're trying to say.

"No, daddy. It's not a DIAPER rash. It's a PANTIES rash!" Princess Ana hadn't had a diaper on all day. What the heck was I thinking?

"Dah-deeee... food doesn't go in my tummy. It goes in my mouth!" What crazy thing will I tell her next, that the food she eats turns into poop?

May God grant Princess Ana the patience to deal with my obvious mental limitations, and may God grant me the strength I need to not ram my head against the wall after she goes to bed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

LOL!!! Love it!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Haley said...

That's awesome, Tim. Dan has this elaborate plan to actively feed Kate false information, like that chocolate milk comes from brown cows. He thinks this is a pretty funny idea, but I'm going to send him here to read this so he understand we're going to have enough trouble getting her to believe us about the basics of reality without intentionally confusing her.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Bubba's Mom said...

Tim Smith, there's a saying I heard that really speaks to your situation: Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken. And, we've all been there! I wish I could tell you it would get better, but it just gets different. And you know that little princess has you wrapped right around her little finger!!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home